When it comes to saving on energy costs, some tips can save you hundreds of dollars, while others can be downright counterproductive. To help you sort through the abundance of HVAC advice, here’s a list of some things you should do to save energy, and to keep your HVAC system safe and others you should always avoid:
- Schedule an HVAC service before winter begins
- Clean your air filter
- Check your chimney to make sure there are no cracks or loose bricks
- Check your carbon monoxide detector at regular intervals
- Keep flammable items away from the furnace
- Check your thermostat programming and set it to suit your current schedule
- Remove window AC units and cover external AC units
- Insulate exposed piping hose bib
- Use a Programmable Thermostat
- Protect your exterior faucets
- Check your attic insulation
- Properly seal windows and doors
- Clean out your gutters
- Inspect your ductwork for leaks
- Set your thermostat and set it to suit your current schedule
- Caulk and weather strip
- Adjust your water heater
- Place draft blockers under drafty doors
- Don’t Prematurely upgrade your HVAC system
- Don’t service your HVAC system on your own
- Don’t turn on the heat while the thermostat in still set in the AC mode
- Don’t rely on your carbon monoxide detector blindly; schedule a furnace inspection
- Don’t use a space heater to heat up large areas
- Don’t turn off the heat when it is cold outside , even if you are leaving for a few days
- Don’t wait for the first cold night to turn on your furnace for the first time
- Don’t wrap your outdoor unit in plastic.
Your heating and air conditioning – HVAC System is a central part of your home and a major investment. In the past 10 years we have replaced many systems that could have lasted much longer, if they would have been maintained regularly. Our mission is to get the word out about a better option that will save you money, time and stress:
With Teegarden HVAC’s Preferred Customer Maintenance Agreement you will:
- Protect your investment – Quality Heating and Air Conditioning Systems cost thousands of dollars; by maintaining your system you’ll get more out of your investment and save thousands of dollar on your heating and cooling costs throughout the year.
- Prevent issues – During your service appointments we can find potential problems before they cause your system to breakdown.
- Prolong the life of your system – On average, our clients get an extra 5 to 8 years of use out of their heating/cooling system compared to those who do not have a maintenance.
What You Get:
- Reduced cooling and heating Costs
- Optimal and safe HVAC System operation
- Improved efficiency
- Sameday service
- 24/7 emergency service
- More Years of reliable heating and cooling from your HVAC system
- Dependability you can count on
- Discounted Repair Service
- Ability to Transfer the Plan if you sell
>> Learn More
Make sure to choose your heating and cooling partner wisely. Teegarden HVAC is a knowledgeable, trustworthy, and affordable HVAC company that enjoys and respects customers throughout all of the Greater Cincinnati / Northern Kentucky area.
Contact us (859-635-1658) for a Consultation!
About Teegarden HVAC
>> Learn More